Purchase a Challenge Pack today

Thursday, August 26, 2010

My Story

I have seen a lot of people posting "their story" lately, so I decided that I should do the same thing. I am usually not that direct with my personal life, but this is more of a "fitness" version of my story...

I had my son in November 2006...a 9 pound 4 oz baby boy. While I was pregnant I left my son's father due to some physical and emotional abuse. I moved back in with my parents...from Minnesota to Wisconsin in June of 2006. I had left a fairly good job on bad terms, and was pretty much moving somewhere where there were no jobs and I had no friends anymore. I moved in with my parents at the age of 27, and tried to figure out what to do. While I was waiting to give birth I was very depressed because I could not find a job at all. I would eat to sooth my pain, so I gained about 50 pounds when I was pregnant. I did eventually end up finding a job at the local Animal Hospital as a receptionist, but I knew that I had to do something after having my son.

In January 2007, I went back to school at UW-Whitewater for Social Work. I was still very stressed out by being a single mother, working, and then adding school to the mix. My weight was out of control, and I was over 200 pounds. I was so busy with school, that I still didn't have the time to do anything about my weight loss, and I think I even gained more weight. The only time I ever weighed in was when I went to the doctor, and I was always so embarrased. I was thought to maybe have post-partum depression because of my lack of career, boyfriend, friends, and my weight. I went on some anti-depressants, started going to a support group for battered women, and started seeing a counselor. I worked a good year on my schooling, being a good mother, and myself. I also started a new job in July 2007 at Starbucks. I was finally paying for my own insurance, starting to make friends, and doing well as a new mother with a lot of help from my family.

For my 28th Birthday in February of 2008, I decided to start Weight Watchers. I went to my first meeting the day after my birthday, February 10th 2008. I weighed in at a whooping 218 pounds (size 16), and vowed to get healthy! I set a goal weight of 150 pounds, and started to take Zumba exercise classes three days a week. I did feel guilty taking the time for me, but I realized it was better for my son in the long-run to have a healthy mom that lives a long life. In one year on Weight Watchers, I got down to 172 pounds (size 8). I was so happy!!! I had even gotten my depression under control, and went off the anti-depressants.

In the summer of 2009 I started graduate school, and was doing a full-time internship at the same time. This is when my exercising and eating go put on the sidelines because I was so very busy. I knew that I was gaining some of the weight back because I had to go back to the store and buy size 10 and 12 pants again... :(

In October 2009 I decided to start with Team Beachbody, and purchased Slim in 6. I knew right away that I didn't like it, so I became a Beachbody workout addict. I purchased Turbo Jam, ChaLEAN Extreme, Hip Hop Abs, Yoga Booty Ballet, 10 Minute Trainer, and Power 90. I started Turbo Jam right away and loved it...getting back into my size 8's!!! I was slightly afraid of the scale because my doctor kept warning me about yo-yoing my weight loss and gain so much. She talked about Diabetes and heart disease, so I was scared!!! I was happy to be back in a size 8, so I layed off on the working out again around Christmas...grad school was starting to get stressful again. Again...I ballooned up to a size 12!!!

I started using Power 90 and 10 Minute Trainer sparingly in February 2010 and got back down to a size 10. I wasn't following the meal plan, so I wasn't able to get back into my size 8's...plus I wasn't following Tony's plan 100%. I kept saying in my mind..."After I'm done with school I am going to pick one workout program and stick to it!" 

I finished my MSW program and my internship at the beginning of June 2010, and I decided to start coaching again. I purchased the Diamond Pack, and was very happy to have P90X from the package. I started P90X the week after I ended my internship. It was hard, but I knew it was working...I was back in my size 8's!!! :)

Near the end of June I heard about the new TurboFire, and I was so excited! I ordered it, and once I had it I decided I was going to do it full out! I weighed myself...weighed in at 179 pounds...measured myself, and took "before" photos. I started TurboFire, and absolutly loved it!!! I did about five week of that program on it's own, and then I added ChaLEAN Extreme. I developed my own hybrid and am loving it. I am now down to 169.6 pounds, and feeling wonderful. My doctor saw me two weeks ago for a check-up, and she was asking me about Beachbody because of my fantastic results!

**************************************************
I hope my story has inspired you! If you want to hear more about coaching or just join my team as a Club Member, message me! I do work full-time at my job, and part-time on my fortune...and you can too! My income has tripled in just two months, and I would love to help you!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment