Purchase a Challenge Pack today

Sunday, January 6, 2013

How is 2013 going?

Well, we're now six days into a new year...2013! Every time we hit another new year I wonder..."Where is the time going?" I swear each year goes faster and faster...no joke! I'm really wanting to make 2013 the best year yet, and there are some things going great...but still some things I need to work on. I know, I know...quit putting you in suspense, so here you go!

On January 3rd I got a new job offer. After looking for 14 months I finally have a full-time Social Work job...with benefits!!! A little more than three times what I currently am making salary wise, holidays off, weekends off, and vacation time. No worries about getting enough hours...it's salary. I know this also means that I will be working more than 40 hours per week most weeks, but I'm cool with that. So...what's the job?

I accepted a job at Integrated Family Services in West Allis. I will be an Ongoing Case Manager in the Child Protection field, and I'm excited because this is where my passion lies. I will be working with a lot of the people that I worked with in Initial Assessment in 2010 and 2011, so it will be nice to reconnect with them as well as make a difference in the lives of children being neglected and abused in Milwaukee county. I start my new job on the 22nd, so I have quit both of my part-time jobs...so excited! (2 more weeks in part-time retail hell)

My own health and wellness is not doing quite as well as my professional life at the moment. On Wednesday I got sick...not go to the doctor sick...just sinus issues, sneezing, and sinus headache. Not bad enough to miss work, but bad enough to make work miserable. I have three more days of work until my day off, so I'm greatly looking forward to that. I'm also having dizzy spells when I try to workout, so I've put Les Mills Combat on hold until tomorrow...restarting week one then.

Not only have I been sick, but I worked 65 hours this past week...no fooling! It's been a tough week for recovery and eating well. My appetite is not what it should be, but when I am hungry, I am STARVING! I'm back on track today though, and going to fight back with a good, healthy weight loss next week. I'm going to be back to blogging every day, sharing my wellness journey, and sharing healthy recipes...mark my word. I have also been considering getting my Health Coach certification through the Institute for Integrated Nutrition, so I'll keep you updated on that as I do the research.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment