Purchase a Challenge Pack today

Sunday, December 16, 2012

What's for dinner?

Well, my first week of Weight Watchers and working out did not go so well. Things were great on Monday...kept within my daily points allowance and exercised, but Tuesday it was already down the tubes. I woke up with a migraine! I still stuck to it for breakfast...Vegan Chocolate Shakeology with almond milk, 1 tbs natural peanut butter, and a banana, but then I don't know what happened! It started out with a large coke from McDonalds and slowly turned into carbs, carbs, carbs, carbs, carbs!

I was so frustrated and so disappointed in myself. I kept saying, "I'll get back on plan tomorrow," but that never happened. I just want to eat and not exercise!!! GRRRRR......

Yesterday I finally got my wake-up call. I received my new scale in the mail and foolishly stepped on the scale right before getting ready for my once-a-month date night. 195.5 POUNDS!!! Argh...10 pounds more than what I guessed. I guess I really had let myself gain weight...30 pounds in a little over a year. No wonder all my pants haven't been fitting. I had to scrounge for some jeans that would fit and put on a sweater...trying to feel good about myself for date night...didn't work too much.

I did have a good time...Hu Hot is my favorite place to eat, but I still feel like crap and down on myself. But I have vowed...Monday, 12/17/12 my life will change! I will weigh myself tomorrow morning and take off 45 pounds in the next year. I will finally reach my goal, be happy with myself, and be HEALTHY! I will finally reach that ultimate weight loss goal I set almost five years ago now by using Weight Watchers and exercising...TurboFire for the next two weeks and then Les Mills Combat on 12/31/12. I AM READY!!!

Anyways...what am I cooking for dinner tonight? Check it out......

Lemon and Garlic-Crumb Shrimp
Image of Lemon-Garlic Crumb-Topped Baked Shrimp
Weight Watchers Recipe
4 Stars
Ratings (75)
5PointsPlus Value
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
Other time: 0 min
Serves: 4
 
For a pretty presentation, leave the tails on the shrimp and sprinkle with lemon zest and parsley before serving, like we did here.
          

Close
Select "Post" to show off your original recipe and let others in the Community Recipe Swap try it for themselves. If you want to make this recipe available to only your Community friends, select "Save to my Profile."
Please Wait...
IMPORTANT: You should only swap recipes that are your own and not someone else’s. For more information, please review our Terms and Conditions and Community Recipe Swap Official Rules.

Ingredients

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; coat foil with cooking spray (or just coat a nonstick rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray).
  • Place shrimp on prepared pan; sprinkle with lemon juice, 1 teaspoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Toss shrimp until coated with lemon mixture; spread into a single layer, leaving space between each shrimp.
  • In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, remaining teaspoon oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, garlic and lemon zest. Curl shrimp tails to heads to form a closed circle with each shrimp; spoon a heaping teaspoon crumb mixture in center of each. Bake until breadcrumbs are golden and shrimp are cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes; sprinkle with parsley and serve. Yields about 6 crumb-topped shrimp per serving

I'm cooking this with yellow squash cooked with EVOO, rosemary, and thyme...yummy! I will post my review tomorrow, and will blog daily...keeping myself accountable!!!

PEACE OUT!

1 comment:

  1. The shrimp looks yummy! You can do this girl. We can do it! I totally carb loaded this past week too. I'm starting in complete earnest on Jan. 2, but am going to try to eat decently this week and after Christmas again.

    ReplyDelete