Purchase a Challenge Pack today

Monday, March 21, 2011

Week 3: RevAbs - My Personal Journey

Well, week three of RevAbs is complete, and I must say it was a tough week for me personally. On Thursday, my son was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. I had to take some extra time off work to get the Diabetes Education at Children's Hospital, and still have two more days of education this week. Children's has been great, and we are managing fairly well. It is getting easier every day, and Jake's blood sugar has been stable. It's just a tough diagnosis for a 4-year-old because it's just so hard to explain what we are doing drawing his blood and giving him shots of insulin four times a day. The first few days were were checking blood sugar about eight times a day, so switching to four times is easier.

Even with all of this going on, I was able to get in four workouts this week...not too shabby. Plus the weight and inches are coming off slowly but surely, just the way I want it to. The inches are most important to me, and I can totally see a difference. This week I am going to have to push myself to get in five workouts Monday through Friday. This weekend I have All-Star Presenter Camp for Powder Blue Productions for two days, so I won't be doing any of my RevAbs workouts.

I'm still loving the workouts, and feeling great! My eating has been 100% on-track with my one cheat meal per usual. I'm just feeling amazing...energized, awake, skinny...all great feelings! Jake's diagnosis is causing all of us to eat better, so eating healthy is starting to become second nature. Desserts have pretty much been cut out, and we eating lean proteins, complex carbs, and lots of veggies. Until next week...keep pressing play!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment