Purchase a Challenge Pack today

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Worst Exercise Advice

I’ve heard, read (and spouted, of course) plenty of exercise advice over the years and there’s no shortage of it out there – both good and bad. I remember going to aerobics classes back in the 80s and hearing one instructor say that women should never lift heavier than 3-lb weights unless we wanted to look like a bodybuilder (a myth that’s still around, by the way).

Another trainer once told me I should never, ever do squats because my legs would blow up and I would look like Dumbo. Thankfully, I ignored that advice but, when it’s coming from an ‘expert,’ it’s not always easy to know good from bad.

What about you? Have you ever gotten bad exercise advice? How did you know it was bad and what were the consequences of following that bad advice? Leave a comment or, better yet, post your story here telling me about the worst exercise advice you ever got.

No comments:

Post a Comment